New Jersey is a wonderful place to be in the spring and as a resident, you probably already know that, but it’s important for you to show potential buyers the beauty of New Jersey as well, starting with your lawn and home. There are a ton of properties on the market for buyers to choose from, so it’s also important for you to make your home stand out. Here are 5 important tips to help you sell your home this spring…
1. Enhance your curb appeal: This is the first impression potential buyers will have of your home, so it better be a good one, or else they might just drive on by. As the snow melts and the grass starts to turn a beautiful green color, make sure you’re ready to take advantage of the weather. Spring is the prime planting and growing season for many flowers in New Jersey, so check out your local nursery for plants that will make your home look vibrant, bright, and friendly. Mow the lawn (if necessary), and also be sure to clear away any wet piles of leaves or dead tree branches that may be lingering in your yard. If it’s still too cold out to plant flowers, you need to make sure, at the very least, that your driveway and walkways are cleared of snow.
2. Leave no evidence of children or pets. Your home should be completely uncluttered (no children’s toys) and it should smell like spring (no litter boxes or dog droppings in the yard). Arrange for a friend or family member to watch your pets and/or kids when you’re having a showing in order to make sure that the buyer is not distracted and not put off by clutter or pet smells.
3. Make your home sparkle and shine. This means you need to take your spring cleaning to the next level. Do this by focusing especially on windows, mirrors, glass fixtures, etc. The goal is to let as much light in as possible and make your home seem as bright (and inviting) as possible. Change out thick, dark curtains for light, sheer ones, and consider installing lights under cabinets and adding extra fixtures/lamps in naturally dark corners of your home.
4. Spring cleaning! Most people practice this ritual even if they aren’t planning on selling their home, so this is a great way to take advantage of the season to help you sell your home. If you’re already a meticulous cleaner, great, if not, make sure that you don’t skip or slack off in any areas of your home when cleaning. Be particularly thorough when cleaning your bathrooms and kitchen, because those are the deal makers or breakers of any home. Don’t forget to dust and clean all floors as well!
5. Market your home for sale. Your real estate agent will be able to help you with this part of the process, but you should put some thought into it as well. Writers from Ziprealty recommend that if your home sat on the market all winter to remove your listing and post it again fresh. You should also create brochures for your home, market online and in print.
For more information on how to sell your home this Spring visit this website.