1. What makes you different? Why should I list my home with you?
It’s a much tougher real estate market than it was a decade ago. What unique marketing plans do you have that will make my home stand out from other homes on the market?
2. What is your company’s track record and reputation in the marketplace?
It may seem like everywhere you look, real estate agents are boasting about being number one. It is important to know their individual performance and see it in writing.
3. What are your marketing plans for my home?
How much money do you have to advertise my home and where will it be listed? Online? In print?
4. What has your company sold in my area?
Agents should bring you a complete listing of their sales and other comparable sales in your area.
5. Does your broker control your advertising or do you?
Are you in control of your own advertising or will the brokerage firm manage the advertising?
6. On average, when your listings sell, how close is the selling price to the asking price?
7. On average, how long does it take for your listings to sell?.
8. How many buyers are you currently working with?
The more buyers your agent is working with, the better your chances are of selling your home quickly.
9. Do you have a reference list of clients I could contact?
10. What happens if I’m not happy with the job you are doing to get my home sold?