It is important to get a home inspection before buying a home; doing so can save you trouble down the line. Many homebuyers are not sure of what is included in a home inspection, but a thorough inspection is one that includes the following:
- Inspection of the home heating system and central air.
- Plumbing inspection.
- Assessment of electrical systems for up to date hardware.
- The roof is inspected for any leaking and any normal wear and tare.
- The attic, basement, walls, floors, windows, and doors are also part of an inspection
- They also do a check of any visible insulation.
There are additional services that can be included in the home inspection at the request of the homebuyer or the real estate agent. Such things include: mold inspection, radon inspection, water inspection, and a heat/air loss test.
Some information in this article was summarized from Inman News.